8.12.2011

Information Dump 1

Well, friends, tomorrow means back to school for me.  Technically, I've been back at school for awhile now.  In fact, there were only really two full weeks that I didn't work at all this summer.  (I know, quit whining because real grown-up jobs are fantastic if you get two weeks off at all.)  Tomorrow is official for everyone though.  My mind is racing with all the things I have to do, so I felt prompted to clean up the clutter in there (my head) a little by sharing what I've been up to for the past few weeks.  Bear with me as I unload a month's worth of pictures and videos and such.  (A penseive sure would be nice for this purpose.  (Harry Potter reference.))


See those droplets on my windshield?  They are the entirety of the rain that Austin has received in months.  Don't worry parents, we were stopped in traffic when I took this pic.


This is the tree in our yard that crashed... mostly into our neighbor's yard.  Both my roommates and I missed it completely until said neighbor pointed it out to me as I rushed off to work one morning. 


Is this not one of the most disgusting things you've ever seen?  Ugh.


Amanda and I became obsessed with these paint chip banners that she found in a blog somewhere.  We decided to make our own.  When Jose asked what exactly we were celebrating, we explained: "Jose, it's enchilada night.  Duh."  He laughed at us. 


We also tried our hands at making tissue paper pom flowers for the first time.  Hint: the more pieces of tissue paper, the better. 


The enchiladas weren't ready in time for the picture, but here is a glimpse of how we laid out the table.  Why yes, those are Bananagram tiles in a glass vase.  Why yes, I stole that idea from Poppy and Goola. 


While I was out of town one weekend, Amanda was awoken by the sound of her closet rod ripping from the wall and crashing to the floor. 


It made a large mess. 


We did what any girls would do and made a trip to Home Depot for a new bracket and end caps for the rod, then busted out the toolbox. 


Just look at those delightful drill bits.  

We were not successful.  And brother has since moved back to Dallas.  So we did what any girls in our newest predicament would do: we called our landlords to have them deal with it. 


Speaking of Dallas, I went to visit some friends and fam a few weekends ago.  We came across this truck in the mall parking lot.  Worst license plate placement ever?  I think so, too. 


I also got to give my man Dirk a smooch.  Don't get the wrong idea.  It's not anything romantic.  Just congratulatory for making the magazine cover and, you know, winning the NBA Finals and stuff.  Luckily, my boyfriend isn't a jealous guy.  Boyfriend?  That's right.  Let me introduce you. 


His name is Nnamdi Asomugha. 

And he is beautiful. 

And he plays for the enemy.  (aka, the Philadelphia Eagles.) 

I am smitten with him. 

He was a pretty big deal this summer after the NFL lockout ended.  Sadly, I found out today that the Cowboys were thisclose to signing him when those nasty Eagles came up with a higher bid.  

How big of a deal was he exactly?  Big enough to prompt the following (focus on the very top paragraph because I'm too lazy to crop):


It made me laugh.  

If Cromartie takes Nnamdi to the Cheesecake Factory, I better get an invite too.  

Stay tuned for the tales of fake midwestern Amish and the ongoing development of My Life as Murphy's Law: Science Classroom Edition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment