1.16.2011

Confession:  I do not live in the house pictured in the header frame.  I have never even been inside of it.  I saw it last Spring on a road trip with my abbrev girls when we drove through the small towns around College Station in search of a wildflower field for Jenny.  I adore it though.  I think I could live there very happily someday, just as long as I have access to diet coke and someone with whom to play bananagrams.  

Oh, and espn.  

I would most definitely dedicate space on one of the interior walls to this:  


There are 31 pictures, each with a small number in the bottom right corner for the date, and an envelope on the back of each one.  It serves as a calendar, but you just put a little card or note in each envelope with things for that day instead of writing them on the calendar itself.  I have to admit that, with my OCD tendencies, this would absolutely not work as a calendar for me.  I think it could work for a lot of other stuff though, and I just really really like the general look of it.  I want to create my own, but I don't know quite where yet.  If you want more details about how to make your own, you can find simple instructions here. 

In the meantime, I still don't know quite what I want to do with this blog this year.  I did feel the need for a visual update, though.  And editing the template was easier (although much more time-consuming due to technological ignorance) than rearranging the furniture in my house.  Apparently I'm feeling rustic.  

Off to plan my day off tomorrow - (thank you MLK Jr.), or maybe just read my book.  

Sweet dreams. 

1 comment:

  1. Like your new design. As a variation on the calendar, how about an Advent calendar in December with pics for the season?
    Love, Poppy

    ReplyDelete