1.09.2011

I'm not a big fan of making resolutions each year, but I do like to make a "to-do list" of sorts.  One of the items on this year's list is to do the Couch to 5K running plan.  I hate running.  I've never been able to run outside.  For whatever reason, it's caused me to have panic attacks in the past.  I'm getting over that.  

Today I did Day 1.  While my friends and fam were playing in the snow in Dallas (that's right.), I had just slightly less-frosty weather to endure.  You could hardly call what I did running, but it was definitely more than walking.  As I trudged around the track at school, trying desperately to find motivation, I turned naturally to Sylvester Stallone.  I pictured Rocky dashing through the icy streets of Philadelphia and then pictured his sweet six pack abs.  Motivation found.  I definitely had to overcome the elements.  And a brutal injury.  


You're probably asking yourself what a blister on my finger has to do with running.  The answer is: nothing.  But being the wuss that I am, I like to make excuses.  Running with this sucker (the result of a nasty kitchen burn yesterday) on my finger was just one more reason I didn't want to run.

I wore my old tennis shoes for today, but I'm working on getting used to these sweet new kicks.  


Brother recently bought a pair, and he swears by them.  I tried on a pair yesterday, and they're super comfortable.  Yes, I look ridiculous.  But I'd rather wear ridiculous shoes now than have to limp for the rest of my life because I have permanent plantar fasciitis.  

The old tennies weren't as comfortable as I had hoped on the track, so I will be spending a lot of time working out muscle pain on my foam roller. 


This guy is amazing.  

To reward myself for finally starting, I treated myself to some creamy chicken noodle soup tonight. 


... without chicken because I didn't have any.  

I'm working on making a few changes on the blog, so bear with me as I might not be posting quite as often in the next few weeks.  I'll try to write a few times a week though.  

1 comment: