4.14.2011

Murphy's Law

Wikipedia defines Murphy's Law as an adage that states: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." 

I equate my life with Murphy's Law.  

(Note: let's be clear that this post is intended to be taken with a grain of salt.  In the grand scheme of things, my life is pretty blessed, and I have no grounds to complain at all.  That being said, I am a walking disaster roughly 87% of the time.)  

Exhibit A:  Last night I set my alarm for 5:30 am.  I woke up and reset my alarm for 6:00, then again for 6:15.  At 6:45 I woke up to an alarm that had been blaring for 30 minutes without affecting me in the least. Oops.

Exhibit B:  I recently began working out with a trainer again.  When discussing my diet, he suggested I add a protein shake to my breakfast to help me feel full longer into the morning.  Already rushed due to my gross oversleeping, I brought my protein shake into the bathroom to drink while I got ready.  I took a swig to swallow my morning vitamin and set the drink on the counter while reaching for the large pill when I sneezed violently.  All over the mirror and wall.  Protein shake everywhere.  This was a four paper towel job.  


I realize the photo quality isn't great, but do take time to notice the drips all over the outlet and down onto the tile backsplash.  Naturally I had to take a picture.  

I managed to clean up quickly and down the rest of the shake before heading into the kitchen to get the rest of my breakfast:  a sweet potato that I had put in the microwave for the same 7 minutes that I set the microwave for every morning.  I heard the usual popping noises when I started the timer, but it didn't seem abnormal.  Until I opened the door and found this: 


 

and this: 



Okay, the pictures really don't do it justice.  But after I took the above pictures, I pulled the potato out of the microwave on a paper towel and became immediately confused. 


It looked completely intact.  How was that possible?  The sweet potato innards were outside the potato skin and all over the microwave.  

So I turned it over to look at the other side of the potato. 


Is it just me, or does it look like my sweet potato had an explosion of diarrhea out it's rear end?  

Ridiculous.  

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

All that, and I still managed to make it to work on time.



No comments:

Post a Comment