Today my roommates and I received this treat in the mail! Normally, an iTunes gift card is pretty sweet, but this was especially awesome. About a year ago, we were looking for a house to rent in Austin and having no luck what so ever. I was hanging out with my dear friend Jenn, who informed me that two other friends of ours had some realtor who was apparently awesome and I should give him a call. Having been mortified by some of the realtors we came across (texting while driving us around in your portable locker room and asking us for directions to the houses... unprofessional, sir), and desperate for someone else to help with the legwork of finding something within our geographical and financial limitations, we met with Chris and were delighted with him. Not only did he come up with houses meeting our exact specifications, but he also entertained us with tidbits about our town as he drove us all over the place. He was so dedicated to finding us the perfect home that we have jumped at the chance to recommend him to anyone and everyone in the area. After several months of living here, we noticed that our next-door neighbors' house had been for lease for awhile. We live in a predominantly family-based suburban neighborhood, but one day while I was mowing the lawn, three dudes came by to check out the house for lease. I talked to them for a few minutes, and then I headed inside to discuss with my roommates how awesome it would be for us to have some fun guy neighbors that we could hang out with. When the "for lease" sign was still up a week later, we emailed our realtor Chris asking for his help finding us some guy neighbors. Being detail-oriented girls, we naturally had a list of qualifications for him to consider. Here is what we said:
- non-married
- non-drug users/addicts/dealers
- non-Spurs fans
- non-lame
If applicants meet the above conditions, we are willing to overlook the obvious character flaws associated with graduating from lesser Big 12 universities like Texas and (gasp) Texas Tech.
That was the last communication we had with Chris until today, when we received the above iTunes gift cards, along with a hand-written note thanking us for all the referrals we have sent to him, wishing us well in our house, and a P.S. apology for not being able to secure us any perfect neighbors.
We adore him. If anyone reading this has need for a realtor in the Austin area, let me know and I'll get you his information.

No comments:
Post a Comment