5.25.2010


Sorry for the substandard posts of late.  I manage to forget every day that I don't have internet at the new house, and sending in a picture from my phone is the most I've been able to manage. 

This picture is a little blurry, so for those of you who can't quite make it out, this is a copy of the grade report I received in the mail today: my very first "F".  

Every year, I manage to have a major meltdown where I question everything I'm doing with my life.  This past year, the solution I crafted was to go back to school and get my MBA.  Having taken exactly zero business classes in my life, I enrolled in an online Microeconomics class at a community college to start building a foundation for applying to grad school.  Then this semester became extremely overwhelming and the class was just one more thing I didn't need to deal with.  Since I realized about a month in that the business thing is not in my immediate future, I ultimately chose to prioritize and stop worrying about the class.  The deadline to drop the class had already passed, so I just... quit.  I'm not good at quitting things.  (Now is when my parents and good friends insert lists of things I've quit in my life... beginning with acting classes when I was a little girl.)  Ok, I may have quit things before, but I'm not good at it; I hate the feeling of letting anyone down or of not living up to my potential.  But this time... it felt great.  I was thrilled to let go and not worry about something. 

I might frame this "F" and hang it up in my new room.  

only TWO DAYS til summer!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment