After two nights of celebrating my birthday a wee-bit early with my favorite people (sans a few who weren't in either town), I enjoyed a perfect birthday of doing exactly what I do best: sleeping. I slept way late, relocated to the couch, did some channel surfing, and slept some more. I have to be honest, it is my favorite way to spend a day. Not every day, or it would become monotonous, but I do enjoy it greatly on occasion. (Yes, even when that occasion is an entire week without having to go to work.)
Once I had gotten my fill for the day, the fam and I headed to Benihana, which has unintentionally become my birthday location of choice year after year. One of the funniest results is the quantity of birthday pictures I have of my family eating at the restaurant, then placed into a paper picture frame.
I must have at least eight more of these hiding somewhere. Maybe when I'm fifty Madre will make a collage of them for me.
The parents and I went to see The Fighter after dinner. I highly recommend it. I tried to warn Padre that friends told me the movie has very little actual boxing scenes. He was still surprised by how little boxing was shown, but he enjoyed it nonetheless. Plus, Conan O'Brien's sister plays one of Marky Mark's crazy sisters in the movie. How do you go wrong with that?
Thanks to all who helped make my birthday special. I feel blessed to have ya'll in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment