Merry Roommate Christmas!!
Since we're each headed to different Texas towns for the holiday, we celebrated together a few days early. To begin the night, we spent a good 86 minutes deciding where to get food delivered from before ultimately hopping in Kristin's car and driving to a sushi place around the corner. You know, a traditional Christmas meal.
I kicked it off with Steve's Special.
Amanda got a much more traditional Mexican roll.
Both were gone long before Kristin put a dent in her meal. I forgot to take a picture of hers, but it was an authentic Japanese dish that I cannot pronounce the name of.
Then we came home to open presents next to our 100% completed stockings! Rather than put our names on them, we took a giant bag of Christmas-colored buttons and sewed on our own designs. Then we hung them from the mantle, of course.
I have oooooodles of extra material, so let me know if you'd like to commission a stocking of your own to match.
Kristin presented us with her gifts first - canvases that she painted with verses for each of us and adorned with her signature Kristin craftiness. She even picked out colors to go with our rooms. This is one of my favorite verses.
Then we opened Amanda's gifts. First, she gave me this pretty journal with a string-tie that greatly amused my inner three year old.
The second part of my gift requires background information. A few days ago Amanda asked me if I would be in town a few weekends from now. I told her I thought so, but she demanded a definite answer from me. Despite the fact that I love surprises (they are my favorite), my curiosity got the better of me and I looked up everything happening in Austin that day. I know, I know. Lame. I have no will power.
That being said, I completely forgot what I found before opening the box...
tickets to a Stars game!!
Not only did she get us "luxury tickets," but she freehanded the team logo pictured above.
I've wanted to go to a game for quite awhile now, so it's safe to say that I am pumped. This is a team that grew out moustaches to participate in the Movember fundraiser for prostate cancer research. If our seats in Row D get us close enough to see that one of the players still hasn't shaved off his 'stache, I might be developing a new crush.
My roommates are fantastic, and I enjoy every second of living with them. We capped off the night with our signature two games of Bananagrams and then called it a night to rest up for our small group's Christmas party over here tomorrow night.
Merry Christmas!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment