12.10.2010

Look at me.... I'm a Christmas tree!!  

Combining some suggestions from a few friends and Madre, I attended the tacky Christmas day at work decked out in a two-minute bedazzling creation of a sweatshirt and a homemade tree-topper headband.  As did my math teacher counterpart.  Here we are at the party: 


Sadly, we were way out-tackied and didn't get to share the Nordstrom gift card prize.  I did get a sweet and super-soft sweatshirt out of the deal though.  (No, really.  $6 in the boy's/men's section at Wal-Mart. It's worth the investment.  The Christmas tree is custom, though.) 

Last night I hit the town with Abra and La Beast to check out Dave Barnes and Drew Holcomb on their Christmas tour.  


Dave, the guy who once called out my friend Katy from the stage for her Glinda-the-Good-Witch laugh, was his usual and endearingly corn-ball self, complete with the verbal diarrhea that kept an audience of girls giggling all night long.  

The highlight for me, though, was Drew Holcomb and his adorable wife Ellie.  

Jenny introduced me to his music a few years ago.  I was highly impressed by his Christmas-wear last night.  All but two of the dudes on stage decked out in vests and ties, always a winner with me, but Drew stepped it up a notch with a vest that featured a collar, like that on a blazer or sport coat.  It was extremely classy. 


He also plays a mean harmonica. 


I had a blast belting out Christmas classics with these two ladies.  I don't spend nearly enough time with them.  


I'll leave you with a video of Drew and his wife playing the song Jenny first introduced me to, called Fire and Dynamite.  Download it immediately.  

Fire and Dynamite from miss kelly on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment