3.27.2010

Happy new car day!!!

I feel like such an adult.  After rolling into Dallas laaaaaaate last night, I woke up super early to get my car cleaned up nicely to be traded in.  Confession: I had never actually driven through a car wash until today.  When I turned 16 and started driving, madre forbid me from going because she thought I would mess it up somehow.  (Prediction: she will deny ever doing so.  It happened, though.)  

Well I had to explain that to the carwash guy when he teased me for looking so clueless.  Upon hearing that this was my first drive-thru car wash experience, he responded "Oh it's just like Six Flags!"  And I feel dumb.  Oh well.  Fortunately, the process was idiot-proof.  Put your car in neutral and keep your hands off the steering wheel as your car glides forward.  Done and done.  Since I couldn't touch anything, I was able to snap a picture to commemorate the occasion. 


Then I picked up padre (my legal and moral representation for the day) and headed to the dealership.  Padre had concerns about several areas in which he felt I might get duped, so he prepped me in the car and made me practice my poker face in case we had to walk away from a less-than-satisfactory deal.  Good thing, because we did indeed get up and were actually pulling out of the parking lot when one of the sales managers flagged us down to try and work something out more to our liking.  

In the end, padre felt like we still could've gotten an even better deal, but he has way more patience for such negotiating.  Plus, we were both under a time crunch.  After all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed, I drove home. 



(The delivery guy/associate-pastor-when-he-isn't-explaining-new-cars-to-customers loved my boots.  I am excited about the car, but I think the boots might go down on record as my favorite and best purchase ever.)



Isn't she a beauty?!  She still needs a name though.  Please share any and all suggestions as they come to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment