8.29.2010

Crap.  I did it again.  I know, I know, but I have a good reason.  I literally did nothing but sleep while I was home this weekend.  And even that was very little time. 

That aside, let's recap what distracted me all weekend long. 

Friday, I left work and went for an hour-long massage.  The guy spent literally 59 of the 60 minutes on my shoulders, and boy did they need it.  I could use another one already.  (The last minute?  He washed my feet with hot washcloths and then wrapped them up in towels.) Then I headed to Opa on South Lamar to watch my friends Matt and Joanie play.  I love hearing them sing together - their voices complement each other perfectly.  And to add a cherry on top of this lovely evening, I got to hang out with their baby, Bella, while they were on stage.  


She really digs Andrew's faces. 



Aunt Jenn wants in the picture too!  True story: Bella was starting to get tired and really fussy.  As soon as she saw my camera, she looked right at the lens and threw on a smile.  Such a ham. 



When she wasn't putting on a show for us, she stopped to check out the show that her parents were playing.  


After the show, I brought treats to Sam and soup to a sickly Robert, and we watched The Losers.  I'm not shy about loving me some Jeffrey Dean Morgan and some Idris Elba.  That being said, not a great movie.  It had potential to make it into my "awesomely bad" category and was almost there... but the movie lasted another 45 minutes than it needed to, cutting it from the list. 

I spent Friday night at Sam's and woke up to help her pack.  Sadly for me, she is departing this week for South Carolina.  Saturday was designated as packing day.  If I had to list my top three strengths and top three weaknesses, packing would definitely make my weakness list.  However, I'm amazingly gifted in the area of box-taping.  I taped every single box to be filled.  


We stuck with our Action theme and watched Fighting, a Channing Tatum movie that came out last week.  Every person that came over wanted to know what the movie was about.  Ummmm, it's called Fighting.  There's a handsome, muscularly developed lead, and it's called Fighting.  Do we need more plot information?  These people who came over were actually able to help in the packing arena, so I assumed my new job: 



I got to keep Wyatt entertained/take naps with him while his mom packed.  

I've never loved any job more. 

This kid could be the cure to all my sleeping issues.  

After an additional nap, I partook in Robert and Jennifer's game night, where my Team 2 ("We're number 1!") took decided victories in both Catch Phrase and Buzzword.  

Today, I caught up with some friends at Sarah's wedding shower and tried with moderate success not to indulge in allllllll the appealing delicacies provided.  I'm excited for her wedding in October!

Then back to Sam's for the Emmy awards and random item sorting from her pantry and fridge.  

"Do you want some Nutella?"

Duh. 



She had to convince me to use a spoon.  (It looks huge in the picture, but it's only about the size of a barbecue sauce packet from a fast food joint.)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's bedtime now. 

My apologies again for being flaky.  I'm working on it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment