1.16.2010



It's days like today that I really miss the Acie Law IV era at A&M. This afternoon, the Ags played a tremendous game against Texas in Austin. Currently Texas is ranked number one in the country. The Ags were ahead for all of the first half, and most of the second. Texas tied the game twice, but didn't lead until the last several minutes of the game. With just a few seconds left, Texas blew three opportunities to win the game, and they headed into overtime. Acie never would have let that happen. He was known for succeeding in clutch, do-or-die moments and won multiple games in the last second. Needless to say, Texas pulled it off in overtime, gaining their largest lead of the game after Bryan Davis fouled out. I was still impressed, though, especially since A&M is playing without one of their leading scorers.

My birthday shindig had a low moment when we saw Derrick Roland suffer a potentially career-ending injury to his leg. Granted, he still has a full life ahead of him and this was tragic by no means, but it was still upsetting to see such a good guy lose the ability to do what he loves most.


I feel like it's cheating when I don't actually post a picture that I took that day, so here's what I have for now:


After an eventful Friday night, I celebrated the chance to have a lazy Saturday. I slept late, caught up on American Idol, and got a lot of grading done while I watched basketball. Now, I'm going to continue preparing for February 2nd by finishing season three of Lost and tackling these dishes. Before you write this off as an evening you don't need to envy, make sure to check out the adorable giraffe measuring spoons on the windowsill. Presh.





No comments:

Post a Comment