I've got a fever, and unfortunately, more cowbell will do nothing for me.
No, it's not an actual fever, although I think I might prefer that. Instead, I have what central Texans refer to as Cedar Fever. You can read more about it here and here. Essentially, it's an allergic reaction to cedar, but it manifests itself with normal allergy symptoms on steroids. My throat, ears, and eyes are itchy. I'm exhausted. Ugh. A coworker of mine actually had to take two sick days this week as a result of Cedar Fever because she got so sick that she lost her voice and was incapable of teaching.
As a result, I woke up today feeling not-so-hot and did not have the energy for a Mavs game tonight. Coupled with the fact that I did not yet possess tickets to the Mavs game, I elected not to stand outside in 30 degree weather hoping for some to fall into my lap. Plan B, you ask?
Three movies in around thirty hours, of course. (Let's also take into consideration the fact that I slept for twelve of those thirty hours. Ian calls that wasting a day. I call it an accomplishment.)
Here are my reviews:
When In Rome: Pretty standard fare as far as rom-coms go. I thought it was cute, though. And staying under two hours, it managed to keep my attention. Kristen Bell was adorable. I also enjoyed cameos from Will Arnett, Napoleon Dynamite and Pedro, and Danny DeVito of all people.
Plus, Josh Duhamel is a delight to look at, even if he did marry Fergie.
Up In the Air: Padre refused to join Madre and me at this movie because he hates George Clooney. It's too bad he doesn't find George as charming as I do. It moved a little slowly, but I have the attention span of a four year old. I did not expect it to end the way it did. Enjoyable nonetheless.
Edge of Darkness: I definitely needed an action flick after the first two, which clearly meant the new Mel Gibson movie. The plot was similar to that of Taken, but I thought Taken was much better.
The end.

No comments:
Post a Comment