This past school year was a challenging one for me. I'm not going to dwell on that; I point it out only to emphasize that I do not want summer to end. Not one bit. I'm not a huge fan of the fact that my makeup melts off within 2.3 seconds of going outside, or that my air conditioning bill tripled in one month. But if I could make summer last forever... I would gladly endure the heat. (Note: I mean the high temperature, not the Miami NBA team.)
HOWEVER, as much as I'm still in complete summer mode, nothing can quell my adoration for school supplies. They make me so inexplicably happy. Even though I want to think of nothing except the lazy days of sleeping in and lounging in the sun, I was willing to break out of my summer bubble for a bit today to hit the school supply sale at Target.
I left with a pretty satisfactory haul. Two things disturbed me, though.
Exhibit A:
This is a bit extreme. Really, Target, do we need Hello Kitty glue sticks? As the price of everything has increased from last year, should we really be putting our pennies toward Hello Kitty branding?
Exhibit B:
Ugh. I am not a Kobe Bryant fan. This is a three-dimensional folder, with his tattooed bicep and taped fingers jumping off the cover. I chuckled, given recent events, when I noticed that there were Kobe and D. Wade folders, but no LeBrons. Then I picked Kobe up for this picture and found LeBron hiding behind him. Maybe Target was trying to make a statement about LeBron hiding in Kobe's shadow.
Did I take that too far?


No comments:
Post a Comment