11.17.2010

Tonight I experienced my first "Wine Wednesday."  Once a month, Spec's has a free wine tasting where you can enjoy samples of up to twenty wines and an assortment of delightful snacks.  I enlisted la beast to tackle this with me, and she was on board immediately.  There were balloons floating up around the store to represent ten different stations that each had a white and a red wine to taste.  Don't worry family, I mean "taste" quite literally.  As in, maybe two tiny sips.  Plus, as I mentioned, there were snacks.  We tried some fantastic salsas, chipotle brownies (way better than they sound), fig cakes, garlic-brined and garlic-stuffed olives, and bites from a Thanksgiving-themed spread.  Delish.  

Right after our enjoyable conversation with new friend Mauricio (he admires teachers... at least, enough to step out from behind his station to give me a hug), la beast spotted this cheese wheel:  


Her immediate reaction:  "I want to kick that cheese wheel."  

Perfect.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, the interesting guys you can meet at wine tastings...


    (haha).

    ReplyDelete