I must give credit where credit is due.
Padre called it. I have proof. He sent me the following text message on Friday evening.
He kept me posted during the first half while I was out running errands. I made it home in time to watch the fourth quarter for myself. The game had me on a roller coaster of highs and lows.
Low points:
- Von Miller having to leave the game four times with leg cramps
- the entire third quarter
High points:
- Going into halftime with a 19-0 lead
- the revival of the wrecking crew, which held OU off at the goal line for multiple downs
- beating the eighth ranked team in the nation - WHOOP!!
The last time A&M beat the Sooners was in 2002, while I was in high school and probably still didn't know the difference between "Gig 'em" and "Hook 'em."
We dominated this game. My only problem with it: A&M coach Mike Sherman was not wearing a collared shirt. He had a sweatshirt on, but that's no excuse. Sherman could use a lesson in fashion from Joe Paterno, who still wears a collar and sometimes even a tie with his sweatshirt.
Now that's class.
Excellent call on the game, Padre. With Texas crumbling to Kansas State tonight for their third straight loss, I have high hopes for the Thanksgiving game in a few weeks.
________________________________________________
On a completely different note, I would like to add an item to my list of desired qualities in a future mate.
Besides wanting a dude with a gnarly beard or 'stache, I sincerely hope that homeboy is good at lighting Christmas trees. I'm in the middle of my second-ever attempt at adorning a faux evergreen, and I suck at it. It does not put me in the mood for Christmas the way that peppermint hot cocoa and Love, Actually do. Take this information and do with it what you will.


No comments:
Post a Comment