6.24.2010

I still feel old.  

Today the youngest cousin on my mom's side of the fam graduates from high school.


That's Chris in the center, towering over his female cousins.  My baby cousin, the one to whom I referred as "my 6 year old cousin" until the day my mom finally corrected me: "Kelly, he's twelve now."  Oops.  Chris is Bucknell-bound and a wildly-talented musician.  You can check out some of his stuff here.  

Because his graduation is such a popular event, you have to score a ticket to attend.  His large entourage was already clawing over each other for tickets before we were dealt another blow: mother nature moved the ceremony inside and we were down two more tickets.  Solution: obviously, create counterfeits. 



So that talent of his, I should have mentioned that it extends beyond music.  Five minutes with photoshop, and he had a whole mess of these to distribute.  Betcha can't tell which one is the real one, can you?  Unfortunately, he was out of the white cardstock necessary to create the tickets for the air-conditioned auditorium, where a live feed of the ceremony would air.  The fakes were for the live ceremony in the non-air-conditioned gym, which I was assured would reach temperatures in the 900s.  

Sigh.  Looks like I'm staying home.  

Besides a ridiculous amount of talent, Chris also gets to boast that he graduated from high school on my third favorite holiday.  Clearly, this is NBA Draft Day.  (The first two?  Christmas, and my birthday!)

While I missed out on graduation, I was appeased a little to watch the draft on this:



The tv is wider than my wingspan.  Ok, not quite, but close. 

The first six players have been picked, and here are my reactions so far: 

1.  I love that Stern got booed in his intro when he mentioned the Lakers winning the championship.  

2.  Evan Turner is one well-dressed fella.  The glasses looked fantastic, and he was sporting some stylish cufflinks as well.  Attention males: I dig cufflinks.  They are so, so classy, and I think they should be worn with any and all suits.  Just sayin'.  

3.  People are giving positive reviews of Wesley Johnson's outfit.  I'm not sure how I feel about plaid trousers with a solid suit jacket.  Wait, I am sure.  I don't like it.  I don't want to cast judgement, because I'm also not a fan of those fancy button-down shirts that are colored but have a white collar.  



Yes, I know it's supposed to be super-classy.  I hate them.  So maybe the plaid trousers are crazy fancy and I just don't appreciate them.  

 4.  Why aren't there people reviewing the clothing selections at pro sports drafts and award ceremonies?  I find them fascinating.  What would make Mark Ingram wear a brown suit to the Heisman ceremony?  I could be the Joan Rivers of ESPN.  Wait, I don't want to associate myself with Joan Rivers in any way.  Scratch that. 

5.  Who on earth is going to play for Kentucky next season??

A few other notes before I sign off: 

- Sending snail mail is on my to-do list.  If you would like some, send me your address!  

- A few people have mentioned wanting to join me in the tackling of my list.  If you want to come along for any/all of the remaining things, send me your email address.  I will send out an email hopefully the night before I do anything, and I'd LOVE for you to join me!  


1 comment:

  1. send me mail! It's such a summer camp thing to do!
    775 camp road
    marble falls, tx 78654

    ReplyDelete