Most of my friends claim that their moms are the world's greatest mom. Not true. Madre is the best. And she's oh-so-rad too.
She went with me to the midnight showing of Eclipse on her vacation. She hated it. Loathed every second. But she stayed awake and powered through every minute of it.
Then she woke me up this afternoon (yes, afternoon) to go to the beach with Goola and Uncle Kevin.
When we got back, I hopped back on the bike trail. I was feeling adventurous today, so I went the other way. For as long as I can remember, our family has always gotten on the bike trail and headed East, out further on the Cape. I've never gone West. Until today. And boy oh boy. East is the wrong way.
My ride today was spectacular. I don't have enough words to describe how stunning the scenery was. I tried to take a few pictures, but the sun didn't work particularly well with my phone's camera. Just imagine this:
on steroids.
It was so gorgeous that I rode all the way to the very end of the bike path.
(You can't read it but that top sign says "End".)
I also encountered a first for me: a bike rotary.
Who knew these existed?!?!?!
They do.
According to my new addiction, I biked a total of 17.64 miles, plus an extra quarter- to half-mile when I took the wrong exit on the bike rotary and had to turn back.
Let me tell you, all this time outside has been doing weird things to me. Really weird things. Like... my skin... is getting... brown. It's very strange, and I'm a little concerned about this new phenomenon. There are even tiny dark speckles appearing in a smattering across my upper body. I will keep you posted about this oddity and if "concern" progresses to "alarm".
Free agency begins in 2 hours and 18 minutes!!
To keep you busy while you wait on the edge of your seat to see if the Bromance Showdown comes to fruition, (How do we feel about that title, instead of the Buddy Rivalry? Any other suggestions?) watch this video. It's a little sappy, but I'll allow sappyness when it comes to sports. Plus, it gets me totally pumped!




No comments:
Post a Comment