You know the phrase "Everything is relative"? Apparently it's true, even when it comes to one's relatives. (Man, I'm two in a row with the puns. Somebody stop this kid!)
Today the parents and I hopped in the back of Poppy and Goola's minivan and headed to Cape Cod, stopping at Uncle Kev and Aunt Mary's house on the way. Madre informed me that he had built a new garage, and we wanted to check it out. My first observation upon pulling up to his house? The gorgeous landscaping.
Gah. I can't even keep a mother-in-law plant alive. Combining this with yesterday's pics of my Aunt Cheryl's yard, I'm thoroughly bummed that this green thumb is not a part of my DNA package.
Next, we checked out the garage. I should first show you the house that Uncle Kevin built from the ground up:
Not too shabby, eh?
It's a stunning house, and so perfect for a real guy's guy, as evidenced by the living room:
You can't see the hunting arsenal or humidor in this picture, but I assure you they're in the room as well.
Oh, and he built his own computer as well, complete with an LCD screen TV as the monitor.
Ok, so the garage. I asked him when he built it, and Uncle Kev responded that he drafted the plans around Memorial Day last year, and it was done around October. "But it only took that long because I worked on weekends."
Before I show you his weekend project, let's revisit what a weekend project looks like for me:
Oh, and cleaning/painting the shutters, and screwing in hooks to hang necklaces took probably a week.
Ok, now a weekend project for my uncle:
complete with upstairs man-cave (still in the works)
The first picture does not do any justice to the gargantuan scale of his project.
Could someone please find a way to bottle up all this handy productive juice so that I can drink it every morning?

I can't believe you called my car a "minivan!". What's wrong with you girl?
ReplyDelete