Happy 10-10-10!!
While you guys spent your weekend wondering why I posted pictures of a tampon box on my blog, I was busy rocking out at Austin City Limits, an annual music festival in beautiful Zilker Park. Yesterday's pictures showed how Jenny managed to sneak in various flavors of Kashi granola bars - for the record, finding the youngest male bag-checker is an almost sure bet that your box of tampons won't get searched. Do with that what you will.
This year was the busiest that the festival has ever been. For a plethora of reasons, most notably:
1) Crowds overwhelm me tremendously
2) Most of my music-listening consists of top 40 and Glee
3) My friends have much better taste in music than I do
and 4) I hate making decisions
I tend to let my friends determine our schedule for each day, and I follow them wherever they choose to go. More than anything else, I enjoy the people watching. Why is people-watching at ACL so fantastic? Well, for starters, here is what I wore today:
Make sure to notice the exquisite face-painting job Jenny did.
Nobody came close to staring at this. Several people asked us where the face-painting took place (sorry friends, it was done at home before we got to the park) and two chicks told me how pretty my dress was. It wasn't even slightly out of the ordinary. Hopefully I'll have more pictures up soon, as well as some videos.
If you're looking for some new music to check out, here are a few bands I saw this weekend. I didn't know anything about any of them before I saw them perform, but each was enjoyable and will be robbing my bank account as soon as I have time to kill on itunes.
Miike Snow
the Black Keys
Amos Lee (okay I saw him at ACL three years ago, but he's still fantastic)
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Manchester Orchestra
Broken Bells
Gogol Bordello
M.I.A.
Portugal. The Man (I napped through this show, but the few minutes I heard were decent.)
Yeasayer
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (the most surprisingly overcrowded show of the weekend)
Band of Horses
the National (I listened to them in the background while I watched the beginning of the San Fran/Philly game tonight, mourning the end of my NFL picks pool.)
I didn't watch Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, or Martin Sexton, but I definitely jammed while walking past them - check them out for sure.
We waited for the Dough Rollers, highly anticipated given that two-thirds of the band consists of Harrison Ford's son and Ellen Barkin's son. Malcolm Ford came out and introduced the two of them (the final third wasn't performing) and proceeded to introduce us to horrible vocals. We watched members of the audience drop like flies for three songs, until we joined them. If you like screamo music and folk music, and you wish there were a genre to combine your two loves, the Dough Rollers are for you.
And now, I sleep.
Sweet dreams, all.

No comments:
Post a Comment