10.24.2010

Let's call this "What I Meant to Post Wednesday."  I meant to type this out.  I really did.  I even took the picture and everything.  But then the doorbell rang and distracted me.  The "Month o' constant company" continued with Svajda and company crashing at my house before their early flight to Boston on Thursday morning.  I was cleaning my room trying to make the house presentable and ended up cleaning out my purse.  As I pulled out old receipt after old receipt, I started to notice a staggeringly large number of pens accumulating at the bottom of my purse.  When all was said and done, I had nine pens.  All in one purse.  Why on earth would that have happened?  Who needs that many pens?  Bizarre.  



Madre guessed nine, on the nose, so I had to fork over a dollar.  

She and Padre came down to A-town for the weekend to hang out with me and Casey.  A chill Friday night ended with us celebrating the Rangers win and them GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!  

That served as reason #1 this weekend was the best sports weekend of 2010 for me. 

Saturday we slept in late and lounged around watching football for most of the day, during which, we enjoyed seeing Texas lose, at home, to Iowa State... for the first time ever.  Reason #2 this weekend was the best sports weekend of 2010 for me.  

Exchanging gloating texts with a few friends, we decided that an A&M win would be the cherry on top of this sports sundae.  I had high hopes until I realized that the game was televised.  For those who haven't been enlightened with my Ags-on-TV Hypothesis, let me update you: for the previous two seasons (possibly longer - my research only goes back that far), the Ags have lost every televised game.  They have also been undefeated without the presence of television crews at games.  Padre laughed at my hopelessness after he found the game for us to watch.  I was certain we didn't have a chance.  

I have never been so excited to have a theory disproved!  WE WON!! People could even watch from their homes as we punished Kansas with a score of 45-10, reason #3 this was the best sports weekend of 2010 for me!  The triple crown of sports victories!  

To celebrate, we headed down to Cougar River for some entertainment.  We definitely found it.  Madre fit right in with her stylish reading glasses and matching case.  


Sadly, we didn't get to groove to the sounds of Sauce again, but the crowd definitely brought us some high entertainment.  

All in all, a fabulous weekend.  Glad to spend time with the fam, and to have a few days to relax and unwind.  

1 comment:

  1. wanted to let you know i tried to introduce Chef to my friends over here in maui.

    Chef is one ellusive fellow. He only comes out for you and me.

    Love your blog. Linked you to me. love you kels

    ReplyDelete