Okay, I never thought this day would come either. I mean, I did.... just far, far in the distant future.
My very best friends in the world are four girls who live in Dallas, and we are the Abbrev.
Tonight we celebrated the first of the Abbrev to get engaged.
While Andrew brought Jenny to a park by the lake to pop the question, we waited with much anticipation at her parents' house to toast the couple.
I also enjoyed some quality time with Lacy, my sister-in-law elect. (Technically she and my brother have only met once and are not interested in each other at all. But come on, what could be better than Casey and Lacy? I'm still holding out hope.)
After the park, Andrew brought Jenny back to her parents' house to out to dinner with them, and she walked in to find her family and a few friends waiting for them to arrive.
and a close up:
Andrew did a great job picking out this antique ring. It is a gold band with an emerald center stone, flanked by two small diamonds. It is the perfect ring for Jenny.
Refreshments were available in pink "Team Bride" or blue "Team Groom" cups. I was torn. Surrender to everything I find wrong with the world and drink from a pink cup... or abandon my friend? I went with the ole standard of chicks before.... well, you know.
After several attempts to beg the details of the proposal from them, we finally got to hear how it all went down.
Bride-to-be and her proud papa:
Jenny and Andrew shared their proposal story with everyone else at the party.
I'm so excited for these two! Congratulations friends!
BAAAAAHHHHHHH I wish I was there... great great great recap Kelly
ReplyDelete