I know what you're thinking. We didn't even get a picture yesterday, and today she neglects to blog at all.
Turns out, though, that I just got home a few minutes ago. Laaaaaate night. Come on, people. Glee's Madonna episode was on - of course I'm going to be out late! Hopefully all of you were able to enjoy tonight's ep. I still haven't decided how I feel about the message being sent about girls taking ownership of their sexuality. (Wow, how's that for getting serious on you? ) I really do hate it when people overhype the impact that video games and other forms of media have on kids, but the theory holds true to a certain degree. I see it in my students big time right now; they are so impressionable and are craving attention from their peers. If an awesomely popular show on tv tells them that they can receive this attention by messing around, I shudder to think how many will follow suit. I guess I should step off of my mom platform now and lighten things up a bit.
As promised, pics from last night's kitchen adventure:
During my prep, I totally had Dana Carvey's "Chopping Broccoli" from SNL stuck in my head. (His shirt in this video is perfect for later this post.)
The dry ingredients for my chicken meatloaf muffins: oatmeal, celery, onions, cumin, thyme, dry mustard, black pepper, garlic, chipotle spice.
While the muffins cooled, I started browning some beef and onion for tonight's taco soup.
Obviously, I ran out of muffin tins and had to bust out the heart-shaped one. Who could resist a heart-shaped chicken meatloaf muffin? In all seriousness, though, I am pretty impressed with the recipe. Pretty tasty.
Since TAKS testing is next week, our school is having a spirit week this week, with a different theory every day for a dress up day. Monday was "Put on your thinking caps" day, and we all wore hats. I donned my super-authentic cowboy hat that I bought at J.Crew in 8th grade.
Today was "Dress for success" day. My incredibly awesome team decided to go all in and wear formal wear. The dapper language arts teacher wore a tux, and the always stylish science teacher busted out slacks with a vest and a pocket watch. Fancy! Our history teacher owned her evening attire as well.
I rocked this frock:
Hot, right?
Well get excited, because tomorrow (today I guess, now) is 80s/sunglasses day. Just a sneak peak of what I'll be sporting:
37 days til summer...






No comments:
Post a Comment