4.13.2010


I've been waiting over four months for today.  The return of Glee.  

Ever since the first commercial I saw for the show last May, I knew I'd love it.  The pilot last summer was excellent.  There were a few episodes I didn't go crazy for (see: Hairography), but I still love dancing around my house doing my choreographed routine to the show's version of "Somebody to Love."  I still went into my Lasik surgery humming Kurt Hummel's rendition of "Defying Gravity" that my mom had playing in the car that morning.  

I. Love. It.

But, alas, my expectations have gotten the best of me again.  I always feel let down when my expectations are too high.  I hate to seem pessimistic and choose to set the bar low for everything, but it helps me enjoy and appreciate things more.  For example, if I expect a movie to be just okay, or even kinda bad, I often really dig it.  I jumped at the chance to see Hot Tub Time Machine, but wasn't enthusiastic about its entertainment value.  It was awesome.  I highly recommend it.  But when I've waited four months for the return of a favorite show, and I don't jump for joy at every moment of it, I feel short changed.  

There was one delight, though (naturally because I wasn't expecting it): 



The picture is rubbish, but Sue Sylvester's (aka Jane Lynch's) "Vogue" video as a teaser for next week's all-Madonna episode was uh-mazing.  You can find it on Hulu.  

44...

No comments:

Post a Comment