4.17.2010

Today was one of those awesomely productive, I-can-do-anything kind of days.  (You know, except for the fact that I overslept a seminar that I was supposed to, and looking forward to, attend this morning.)  Once I finally woke up, though, I got some work stuff organized and embarked on an errand-running afternoon.  Nothing could stop me.  Including terrible directions and a massive downpour.  

First I headed out to this Christian bookstore near my house.  I scoured the parking lot indicated by its website, but had no luck.  Google maps indicated a different intersection, several miles away, so I headed in that direction.  No luck.  There's a mall there, so I called the store hoping that it was inside the mall.  The man sent me back to the intersection which I had just left.  Ugh.  "Can you tell me which corner it is at that intersection?"  His response, verbatim: "Well, uhh, let's see.  You'll exit, and turn right.  Then there's a little street to the right, and then it'll be on your left."  I am not exaggerating when I say that I spent over an hour driving around looking for this bookstore.  I did find what I needed, though, when I finally found the store. 

I also found this gem, in the Christian Living section: 


I can only speak for myself, but just seeing the cover makes me want to live a holier life.  Well done, Chuck. 

In the middle of my next round of (much easier to find) errands, the skies opened up and poured out an ocean's worth of rain.  After only fifteen minutes of precipitation, you could drive a small raft across the entrance to the parking garage. 



Thankfully, the exit was on higher ground.  

While picking up a book for class, I stopped by the cook book section to see if I found anything good.  I've been working out with a trainer since last June and had amazing results at first, but I hit a plateau when school began in August and have yet to pick back up my progress.  In my I-can-do-anything frenzy, I checked out the website of the female bodybuilder I mentioned a few months ago and became re-inspired.  I found a couple cookbooks with what seem to be practical recipes that I will actually try.  In this expensive shopping spree, though, I realized I will probably not be able to continue working out with the trainer for too much longer, so I definitely need to step it up.  In order to buy at least one more round of sessions, I need to save some money.  Then I experienced an epiphany:  not only do I spend way too much money eating out, but I also tend to eat foods that are detrimental to my training goals.  Thus, big announcement, I am going to go the next thirty days without eating out.  At all.  No restaurants, happy hours, take-outs, or beloved Sonic breakfast burritos.  I am going to do it.  This will begin at midnight tonight and last until midnight on the night of May 17th.  I have one exception: I can purchase unsweetened tea, plain coffee, or my staple diet coke.  

Let's do this. 

40 days til summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment