4.14.2010

I'm feeling especially procrastinatory, so you guys get a double dose today. 

Several friends of mine in college worked at a summer camp where all of the counselors were anointed with nicknames that they went by all summer long.  Many of them would get back to school and still only refer to each other by their camp names.  At one point, I considered applying to be a counselor there, so Jenny and I started brainstorming nicknames for me.  She came up with the winner:  

Vege-phobi-chondri-somniac

It summed me up pretty perfectly at the time - vegetarian, afraid of most things (phobic of two or three), hypochondriac, and someone who never sleeps. 

Only one and two halves of those are still true about me (I'll let you decipher which ones), but I still have my quirks for sure.  Here's a snapshot of what sits in front of me right now, for me to enjoy all at the same time.  


Yes.  I've been staring at this for over a month and still hadn't found the time to watch it... until now.



Raspberry Hibiscus tea.  Have no fear; it's decaf.  Who doesn't love a little fruity tea with their 80s action cinema?



HEB brand mesquite smoked turkey, sliced thin (but not shaved - thanks madre!), on a corn tortilla.  Yes, my trainer confirmed that corn tortillas are less detrimental than flour, or even wheat.  No idea if it's true, but he's the one with 5% body fat, so I'll take his word for it.  Also, before you think I'm completely disgusting, I definitely have water on hand so as not to mix the turkey and hot tea flavors. 



Ahhhh, the real reason I'm still awake.  All of the above items are on board to entertain and sustain me while I attack this bag o' grading.  

I'm not sure how to fit all this into a nickname, but I imagine it'd have to contain elements of my Stallone appreciation, beverage snobbery, attempts at healthy eating, and mass procrastination.  Let me know if you come up with something catchy.  

Sweet dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment