Do you ever have those moments, usually with your good friends or roommates, where you all become the exact same kind of crazy and it's perfect? When everything becomes inexplicably way too funny, and it's like the stars aligned perfectly just for your shared madness?
That just happened in my house.
It began with a spontaneous competition between roommate Amanda and I to find the best old-school jam in our collective itunes library. She initiated the contest with this festive N'SYNC masterpiece. I naturally upped the ante with the original American Idol. Amanda then offered up the theme song for the Ashlee Simpson show, at which less culturally sophisticated folks than myself might scoff. Fortunately Amanda knows I can appreciate its greatness. Obviously, I raised the stakes with the youngest Hanson brother's vocal debut. Again, some might not argue that this constitutes an old-school jam. I'm willing to forgive you for your historical inaccuracy. That's just the kind of girl I am. At this point I was curled up on my roommate's shoulder serenading her. We had reached joint crazy.
After a few more songs were tossed around, I claimed the win with this juggernaut and our other roommate Kristin came home just in time to show us how amusing we aren't. Amanda opened the freezer and decided to finally deal with our rogue ice maker, resulting in her filling an entire 3 gallon bucket with freezer-burned ice and sweeping up all the ice cubes that escaped the bucket to reach the kitchen floor.
Still more to go...
You're probably asking yourself "So what were you doing while she cleaned up the freezer/kitchen floor?" I'm glad you asked. I was educating Kristin and Amanda on the best R&B collaboration of the nineties and throwing a solo dance party. Yep, I danced all around the common areas of our house in my penguin slippers and Hootie & the Blowfish t-shirt, rocking to some LMNT and singing into a broom handle while my roommates sat down to stare at their laptop screens.
(I should add that I have oodles to do tonight and am exhausted, so I downed a mug of fully-caffeinated tea about an hour ago. I think I just danced all the caffeine out of my system.)
Sweet dreams!



No comments:
Post a Comment