I did it!! I biked twenty miles!! Okay, I didn't do the full twenty-eight that I registered for, but I might have if I knew the way back had fewer hills. Let me say that the spandex diaper shorts... worked miracles. Let me also say... I refer to them as diaper shorts because they have padding in the butt (the miracle-working padding) that makes it feel like I'm wearing a diaper, but most definitely not because I pee in them. This was a question that came up, so I felt the need to clarify.
The ride was wonderful - so nice to get out in the country. Super cool coworker showed up in adorable pigtails wearing what she described as "one of her more conservative" skull and cross bone riding jerseys. She helped me realize I needed air in my tires big time, and found me someone to show me how to raise my seat up higher... which made a tremendous difference in the riding experience.
Then, I took a 3 1/2 hour coma-nap.
Completely unrelated to the bike ride, I hate technology. I really do. While it might contradict the hours I spend using technology everyday, I have to make that statement. That being said, tonight I was a big fan of technology. You see, I got to Skype with my best friends in the whole world, who were all lucky enough to be sitting in the same room together.
While I didn't get to sit there with them, I did get the next best thing. They are my happy place, and I love them and miss them dearly.


No comments:
Post a Comment