For the record, it's 7:35 pm as I type this, and I have already taken a two hour nap today. This is the most relaxed I have been this whole crazy week.
Rewind to yesterday. I left work and headed immediately to Sam's apartment for the final stage of packing. I've never actually been the last one to leave any former home of mine, so it was weird to see an apartment 100% empty. Technically, I didn't even see that, as I waited downstairs while she and Sarah brought down the very last bags and locked up. We had quite the adventure attaching her car to the car carrier behind the moving truck, and finally made it to Kona Grill for some late dinner. They have an amazing "reverse happy hour" that starts at 9pm, and we decided to order almost everything on the menu. Our waiter stopped us mid-order to inform us that we "ordered too much for everything to fit on the table at the same time" so he would have our food brought out in waves. Seriously? In our defense, it was really late for dinner, Sam and Sarah had been doing some heavy lifting (Sam on the final leg of her 11 hour packing day), and we were sitting at a relatively small bar table. Even still, uhhhhh, did the waiter just insult us? He seemed to say it just as a courtesy rather than to accuse our eating habits, so we didn't take too much offense. Until the brownie came. The one in the picture yesterday. This thing was almost the size of a sheet cake. By that point Robert had joined us, and we nearly polished the entire thing off by the time our waiter returned. "Wow. With the amount of food ya'll ate earlier, I'm shocked you were able to put a dent in that thing." And I am shocked that you have not had more drinks thrown in your face, Jeff. You really should wait until you have received your tip before making such comments. Thanks, and gig 'em.
Now, Sam is en route to South Carolina. I'm not good at good-byes, so I'm not going to talk about it anymore, except to say that I miss her already and cannot wait for her to return in a month for ACL!!!!
Obviously, I don't want to end on a sad note, so I have two tid-bits for ya'll. First, today is September 2nd, 2010.
Or, 9-2-10.
9-02-10.
90210!!!! Happy Beverly Hills Day to ya!!
Secondly, I know that LeBron James is now one of the more hated sports figures in the country for his decision, but oh-my-gosh is this not the most adorable thing you've ever seen?
I can't take it. The bow tie? The little hand on the hip? I might not ever be able to put down my computer again. The son on the left just started kindergarten. It's very surreal to look at this picture with the knowledge that Bron Bron is just barely a year older than me.
Yup, that hand on the hip is still slaying me. Must sign off now.


No comments:
Post a Comment