9.04.2010

(I fell asleep blogging.  Let's pretend this was posted around 2:14 am when I was writing it, shall we?)



I took my favorite boots out tonight for a spin at Rebel's Honkytonk downtown.  

When Eric and I got there, we were two of approximately eight people in the building.  Including staff.  Thankfully, Eric was patient with my insecurity toward being the only two people twirling around the dance floor for all to see, and he waited until I finally got the guts to give it a try.  

La beast and Abra made an appearance with a few of our coworkers, and we were able to enjoy the eclectic crowd together.  (For the purposes of this post only, you can read "eclectic" to mean: wannabe gangstas from each and every ethnic group, fraternity bros in flip flops that camped out by the cigarette dispensing machine, Snookie and her girlfriends, an assortment of potential Ed Hardy models, and a great many non-Texans who moved to Austin within the last 18 months and danced us Texans off the floor with their inexplicable talent.)

Just as LB and Abra were exiting, Donnie and his novia arrived.  Aubrey is apparently a regular at Rebel's, and the only person I knew before tonight who actually knows what she's doing on a honky tonk dance floor.  As in, she taught us every line dance I had never experienced in years of thriving on choreographed group dances, she knew all the regulars there, and she can hear the first 15 seconds of a song and tell us if it's a one-step or a two-step. hold up!  one-step?!?! when did this happen?  i learned that it actually exists tonight.  one dude even graciously tried to teach me.  i'm not going to call his efforts successful, but he did persevere.  

Final review: the night was a) fun and b) educational.  I learned that I need dance lessons asap. 

P.S.  Those of you who know me have patiently put up with my inclinations to read you every celebrity tweet I find at least mildly entertaining, and for that, I thank you.  I got a kick out of this one from Steve Nash before I fell asleep:  

55yr old just asked me if I was her blind date 'Bob'. WTF. I hate having an ego. At least she said no when I asked if she'd b disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment