9.13.2010


What looks like a poorly taken picture of a paused television screen just so happens to be...

my view from the press box tonight.  

Rewind: tonight was the first game for my 7th graders.  The head coach walked into my classroom early this morning in need of someone to keep the clock during the games.  "If you can't do it I understand, even if you can't do it every week, but yours was the first name that came to mind.  You watch a lot of football, right?" 

Uhhhh, if you mean yesterday, then yes.  Before that, notsomuch.  

I agreed, though, and took my place in the sauna pressbox for the following three hours.  A ref did join me in the pressbox at halftime of the first game for a little tutorial sesh, but not a single parent complained to me.  A-team was winning by so much at halftime of their game that the coaches mutually agreed to run the clock for the second half.  

All in all, I call the night a success.  

Sweet dreams friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment