(I'm writing this during commercials as I watch the Ags host #1 Kansas at Reed Arena. Here's hoping my boys btho the jayhawks!)
This afternoon I spent almost my entire tax return on 20 more sessions with my trainer. This is the longest I have consistently exercised in my entire life (since June, almost nine months). Over the summer, I noticed big time results, but things have slowed significantly since school started. I'm determined to pick things back up again. Last week on the radio, I heard an interview with a female bodybuilder named Jamie Eason. According to her, "abs are made in the kitchen."
Ummm, where exactly? I feel as if I'm pretty capable in the kitchen, but I have not managed to whip myself up a set of six packs so far. I'm going to work on it.
... beginning with an attempt at breaking my diet coke addiction. It's not a serious problem, just a one-a-day habit, two if I'm really needing a caffeine burst. Today was the latter, for sure. When I went to get measurements taken at my workout, my trainer said all the sodium was throwing me off. Sigh.
Obviously, I'll need a caffeine replacement, so I am thinking tea. For whatever reason, I find that caffeine is more effective for me when delivered via ice cold beverage, rather than piping hot. I decided to check out the tea aisle at HEB tonight to look for teas that would taste good cold. This search led to the unfortunate discovery that almost all teas are apparently decaf nowadays. I don't understand this at all. In a pinch, I picked up some English breakfast tea and settled for hot caffeine. I also decided to try some Acai berry tea. (To save some of you the embarrassment I experienced, this is pronounced "ah-sah-eeee" not "uh-kye" - just looking out for ya.) I mean, if an internet popup claims that Britney Spears says acai berry is solely responsible for her losing 10 pounds, who am I to question?


No comments:
Post a Comment