"So, who is Ian's girlfriend?" - Aunt Barbie
Tonight I rode with Ian to San Antonio to attend his Great Aunt Rushie's 90th birthday party. I had met his family before, including his aunt and uncle, who we sat with at dinner. Since I've spent enough time with them over the years, there was no need to explain the super-platonic state of our friendship. The extended fam, however, did not get the memo. After dinner, we headed over to Rushie's house to look at pictures and eat some birthday cake. I got to meet more of his relatives here and after awhile Rushie's daughter Barbie came to meet the mystery girl who showed up with Ian.
"Where is she? Where's Ian's girlfriend? Oh hi! What's your name?"
"Uhhhhh I'm Kelly, but we're just friends from college."
We decided to take a quick picture of ourselves 'gazing adoringly into each other's eyes' to commemorate the moment:
Upon reviewing the picture, I look like I'm kidding for sure, and Ian looks genuinely disinterested. Rather than make another attempt, we decided this was a more accurate portrayal of our feelings (or lack thereof) for each other. Overall a fun night, though.
I also want to share some more shots from last night.
The gigantic pizza Donnie and I shared at Homeslice - and by shared, I mean that I had two pieces and he attempted to devour the rest.
Here are Sam and Ian in the heat of skeeball battle.
There was a wager made on this game, so Sam wanted documentation of her win.
Victorious:
Ian and I rocking out in the Def Leppard karaoke room:
Donnie decked out in our karaoke props:
Sam and I absolutely dominating "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls:
and by far my favorite picture of the night:
Robert getting especially emo during our group sing-a-long to Radiohead's "Creep".

cute new layout. why is robert wearing gold leggings? did anyone tell him that was a horrible idea?
ReplyDeleteo.m.g. best pictures EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so gonna have to make one of these my profile picture-and it'll most likely be the one of robert!
ReplyDelete